I tried to build the latest kdepim (i needed it to look into ktimetracker), on Debian Jessie. I was trying to follow a few tutorials  , but after I started to see through the dependency relations between the lower level KDE stuff like Framworks and the current versions of kdepim, i decided that it would be easier to build the whole KDE world alltogether, especially as i wanted to get my builds based the current 4.14 KDE version, and the Frameworks based (aka "KDE 5" version) as well.
Fortunately the KDE project provides a cool tool called kdesrc-build , which made up from a couple of perl scripts, a few config files, and provides example configs for building KDE4 (using Qt4.x) and Frameworks based KDE (using Qt5.x) as well.
While doing daily programming work (especially when digging around in CPU registers or dealing with binary file formats), it's often useful to have a handy utility to convert numbers between bases. As my main desktop is KDE, it was straightforward to have such a utility as a KDE plasmoid, but i couldn't find any, so implemented my own a year back in C++, but as KDE is moving forward quickly to use QML wherever it's suitable, and i was interested of the status of this ongoing work, i decided to re-implement this in QML.